Be aware the area you worked out will be sore for a couple of days. This occurs for the first few weeks but diminishes after that. Hang in there, it gets better.
- Always warm up properly, do at least 5 to 10 minutes of cardiovascular exercise prior to exercising, this warms and prepares the muscles to work more efficiently.
- Always wear comfortable clothing and good shoes.
- Drink a liter/quart of water for every 50 lbs. of body weight, daily.
- Consume a light snack before working out, preferably a complex carb.
- Consume a protein/carbohydrate drink following working out.
- Focus on technique, intensity and concentration.
- Keep a training journal.
- Avoid distractions.
- Vary your workouts, change weights, reps or order.
- JUST BREATHE
- Preform all exercises in full range of motion.
- Focus on form not weight.
- Lift more than what is comfortable.
- Give up form for heavier weight
- Never worry what others are doing
- Don’t let your workout become too easy, increase weight occasionally.